2014-15 Budget InformationWe have created this special webpage to keep students, staff, parents, residents and community members informed about the 2014-15 budget process. Please continue to check this page for regular updates and current information.Final Budget Approved during School Board meeting on Wednesday, June 25
The 2014-2015 Final Budget in the amount of $226.8 million was approved by the Reading School District Board of Directors on Wednesday, June 25,2 014. There are no cuts to personnel, programs or services. Other budget highlights include:
· A principal and an assistant principal in every elementary building.
· A school nurse in every building.
· An appropriately staffed district office.
· Employment of approximately 19 additional instructional staff to support students needing academic interventions
· New mathematics textbooks and curriculum materials to support revised curriculum for all classrooms in grades K-5
· Additional curriculum improvements, textbooks, and materials
· Enhancements for alternative education
· Development of a cyber education program.
· Wage adjustments (increase) for all employees.
· New laptop computers, with updated operating systems, for all teachers.
· Additional technology improvements for students and classrooms.
· Renovations for select elementary school buildingClick here to see the complete 2014-15 final budget.Preliminary Budget Approved during Budget Workshop on Thursday, May 22The 2014-2015 Preliminary Budget in the amount of $228,540,601 was approved by the Reading School District Board of Directors on Thursday, May 22, 2014. Click the following links to view the budget workshop presentation and budget details.Preliminary Budget Highlights include:
- No staff furloughs
- Provides additional funds for improvements to instruction and curriculum, including curriculum development, new textbooks, professional development and intervention and remediation program
- Provides additional funds for closing the achievement gap, with focus on Alternative Education, Special Education and English as a Second Language
- Provides funding for the development of a cyber education program
- Provides funding for wage adjustments
- Provides funding for proper staffing, including in the Finance Office, Human Resources Office and Academic Office
Regular Board MeetingWednesday, May 28 l 7 p.m. l during the regular board meetingAdministration Building l 800 Washington St., ReadingBudget Workshop Session
Monday, June 16 l 5 p.m. l prior to the scheduled Committee of the Whole board meetingAdministration Building l 800 Washington St., ReadingFinal Budget Adoption
Wednesday, June 25 l 7 p.m. l during the regular board meetingAdministration Building l 800 Washington St., Reading*Meetings subject to change