2023 Reading High School Prom
The 2023 Reading High School Senior Prom will be held on May 12, 2023 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Reading.
Attending the Reading High School Prom is a privilege and is one that can be revoked by the administration at any time. To be eligible for this event, students must be on track for graduation. Additionally, a student’s academics, attendance, and discipline are important to maintain eligibility.
The following criteria go into effect as of November 11, 2022:Academics:
- Passing grades in all current courses and only one “F” on your report card for the second and third quarters (March 27, 2023).
- All credit recovery work completed and approved by the end of the third quarter (March 27, 2023). This needs to be verified by your counselor and approved by your Assistant Principal.
- Graduation pathway approved by your counselor and on track for completion by January 20, 2023
- Acceptable attendance record through the second and third quarters with five or less unlawful/unexcused absences.
- Responsible behavior with five or less days of school suspensions.
- Guests attending the 2023 Senior Prom may not be older than 21 years of age on May 13, 2023.
- Guests must be in 9th grade or above.
- A copy of the guest’s picture ID is required at the time of ticket purchase.
- All Prom attendees are subject to the school district policy concerning the prohibition of smoking (including vaping), consumption of alcohol and/or illegal drugs, and intimidating, harassing or disruptive behavior. These rules will be enforced by school district personnel and police officers.
- Any questions or concerns, see Mr. Hughes in room 313M or Mrs. Travis-Gaul in room 311.