Director of Special Education
The Reading School District is committed to helping students with special needs achieve their educational potential. The district strives to build special programs specifically tailored to the assessed needs of a student and attempts to deliver those programs in the regular education environment as much as possible. Students will learn the general education curriculum with appropriate adaptations, modifications, supports and services in a nurturing, safe and accepting school community that recognizes and celebrates a broad range of talents, abilities and achievements.
Goals for the department include:
For more information concerning special education, please see the links on the menu in the left column of this page.Resources
- To provide appropriate services to meet the individual learning needs, academically, socially and emotionally, of students.
- To create programs that are integrally involved with and delivered through general education programs.
- To comply with state and federal laws governing special education programming.
- To plan and facilitate the professional development for district staff on compliance, state initiatives and instructional practices.
- To provide resources and support to parents.