Food Service & Menus
In Reading School District, our mission-driven Food Services staff work hard to ensure children are fueled up and ready to learn every day. They love providing nutritious meals — and a smile — to all of our Red Knight students and staff members.
Download and print the lunch menus here:
May - English
Elementary School May Lunch Menu
Middle School and High School May Menu
May - Espanol
Escuelas Primarias May - Español
Escuelas Intermedias y Secundarias - Español
Summer Food Service Program
- Call 211 or 1-866-3Hungry or 1-877-8Hambre
- Text "FOOD" or "COMIDA" to 877877 during the summer months.
- June 20 through July 13: all participating elementary schools, participating middle schools, and RKAA City Line (excludes 13th and Green Elementary, and Southwest Middle School)
- June 20 – July 27: Reading High School and Oakbrook Mobile Site
- RKAA City Line will be open till August 3rd.
Director of Food Services
Students with Allergies and Special Dietary Needs
Summer Food Service Programs
Food Service Department Overview
The Reading School District Food Service Program is the fourth largest school food service operation in the State and produces 22,000 meals daily. The department consists of approximately 150 employees. We service 22 school sites and three contract sites. Since implementation of the Community Eligibility Provision of the Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act, every student has access to a free breakfast and lunch daily. In addition, we serve breakfast in the classroom to students at our elementary and middle schools. Our breakfast in the classroom program has received both State and Federal recognition.