2022 Commencement Ceremony Information
Reading Senior High School
2022 Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, June 2, 2022
Due to weather considerations, the commencement ceremony has moved to the Santander Arena. Tickets were pre-printed with First Energy Stadium listed as the venue. The new venue is Santander Arena at 700 Penn St. The date and times remain the same.
Rehearsal will take place at the Santander Arena on Thursday, June 2 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. All graduating seniors will be required to attend the rehearsal. Students will NOT need to bring their cap or gown to rehearsal.
Please note, transportation will not be provided. Students will be dismissed at the end of the rehearsal and will not need to report to school that day.
Graduating seniors will report to the commencement ceremony at the Santander Arena, dressed in their cap and gown, on Thursday, June 2 at 5:30 p.m.
Doors will be open at 5:30 p.m. to ticket-holders only, and will close promptly at 6:55 p.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m.
Seniors will be given 5 tickets per student. Adults and school-aged children (ages 4 and up) must have a ticket to enter. Infants and toddlers (under the age of 4) may sit on an adult's lap. Ticket-holders may enter the arena at the main entrance on Penn St.
- Only ticket holders will be permitted entry to the commencement ceremony.
- Extra tickets will be made available to students on a first-come, first-served basis and only while supplies last.
- Reading SD staff who want commencement tickets should reach out directly to Lisa Iezzi and/or Corine McElroy in the Superintendent's Office. Supplies are limited.
- Our friends and partners from community agencies and government offices should also contact Lisa Iezzi and Corine McElroy for graduation tickets.
Paid parking is available at the following Reading Parking Authority lots and parking garages:
- DoubleTree Parking Garage and State lot (across from 645 Penn St) - Parking will be $10.
- Court St. and South Penn lots - Parking will be $5.
Rules for graduating seniors:
- Students may decorate their caps, but must adhere to the guidelines established by the RHS Administration.
- Students must remain in the designated ceremony area.
- Families and students may record the ceremony. Please be respectful of others and their view.
- Only RHS students, staff and designated guests are allowed on the floor of the arena during the ceremony. No small children or unauthorized persons should be on the arena floor.
- Face masks are encouraged but not required.
SANTANDER ARENA RULES
The following items are prohibited at the Santander Arena:
- Outside food or drinks,
- Balloons, noisemakers, confetti,
- Any items that may cause a noise disturbance or mess,
- Any items that may block the view of other spectators such as signs and/or banners.
Spectators will be permitted to carry one clear plastic or vinyl bag that does not exceed 12”x6”x12”, or one clear drawstring bag not to exceed 12”x12”, or one, one-gallon clear plastic or zip-lock, resealable bag.
A small purse no larger than 4.5” x 6.5” may also be carried in addition to one clear bag.
All other bags (backpacks, large purses, oversized tote or mesh bags, reusable grocery bags, drawstring bags, camera bag/binocular case, printed plastic bag, fanny packs, or diaper bags) are strictly prohibited.*
*An exception will be made to allow medical items that cannot be transported in a clear bag into the venue. Guests carrying medically necessary items or equipment will be required to have their bags or equipment inspected.
FOOD AND DRINKS
Outside food and beverage is prohibited at the Santander Arena. Please do not bring any bottles of water/juice/soda or any alcoholic beverage of any kind. All patrons found bringing outside food and beverage into the arena will be asked to return it to their vehicle or dispose of it in the trash. Concession stands will be open from 5:30 - 6:55 to purchase refreshments, as needed. Concessions will NOT be available during the ceremony.
DIPLOMA DISTRIBUTION AND RESOURCE FAIR
On Friday, June 3rd, 2022, the following activities are scheduled for seniors:
- Senior Resource Fair in Geigle Gym from 8:00am - 10:00am
- Diploma Distribution in the auditorium from 9:00 am - 10:30 am
Olivet Boys and Girls Club will be raffling an Xbox game system during the Resource Fair. Seniors who participate in the Resource Fair will receive one free raffle ticket!
On Monday, June 6, 2002, graduating seniors are invited to a Graduation Tour in RSD elementary schools from 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. More details to come!